Okay so I just spent about 20 minutes writing a blog about how things never seem to be “done” around my house. And how I don’t mean to complain but it does get frustrating when at 10:30pm there still is about an hours worth of random house work to do before you can safely call it a night. And that is just survival stuff.
Pretty good blog, good wrap up, good verses, hit publish and it is now …… gone. Oh my goodness! I said on there how I wished the fairies would swoop in and finish the dishes, put away the clothes, wipe all the sticky booster seats, make the school lunches, set out the kids clothes, etc, etc, so I can eat some cookies and watch the Jon and Kate plus 8 episode I taped from last night.
That’s what I get for being a negative ninja. Well here again are the verses I keep running into this week that help me adjust my perspective:
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one aonther. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Yes I did notice the little phrase, “And be thankful.” So here are 10 of the top things I am this moment thankfu for:
1. my unselfish friend Crystal who borrowed my baby most of the day so I could run errands and have some space
2. my patient, patient husband who comes home tomorrow
3. the beautiful spring weather
4. 3 boys that are healthy and sweet, sweet, sweet
5. the chance to get away for 24 hours and learn and worship (we leave tomorrow around 5pm)
6. a chance encounter with a new precious friend:)
7. some awesome, God-sized news that I can’t share yet but wow! Eph. 3:20
8. I was able to get outside and run again yesterday
9. seeing my sister and nephew each day, her forgiveness and the chance to form a sisterly friendship in the midst of life’s chaos (that’s a big, big one!)
10. my God’s patience with my attitudes and His willingness to sometimes even use me despite my selfishness
11. I had to add this one…. we will get a nice tax return and can get a fence and a couch that is not falling apart!!!! Yea God!
There That is a better attitude! Thanks for helping me get there friend!